Sport Plus#35330 / Platinum
Feed for equine athletes and racehorses
Omolene Sport Plus is a textured feed with added beet pulp for hard working equine athletes and racehorses. Omolene Sport Plus utilizes modern technological capabilities and scientific research on the nutritional requirements vital for performance to provide a palatable textured feed without cracked or steam-flaked corn. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free facility.
- Super Fibre
- Essential Amino Acids
- Organic Minerals
- Vitamins B,C and E
Contains 8% Fat from vegetable sources
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains reduced starch and higher fat and fibre content
- Provides a moderate level of starch.
- Helps minimize excitability.
- Proven to effectively regulate glycemic and insulin response.
- Helps minimize gut upset (colic) by preventing starch overload in the hindgut.
Contains Athlete™, Purina’s unique extruded high fat supplement with flaxseed (an excellent source of Omega‑3) for an optimal fatty acid profile of 5:1 Omega-6 to Omega‑3.
- Improves hair coat and skin condition.
- Supports immune functions, anti-inflammatory properties and ulcer healing.
- Omega‑3 fatty acids shown to help enhance insulin efficiency thus reducing insulin resistance.
- Promotes membrane integrity and cell viability (including red blood cells).
- Helps maintain proper cognitive ability.
Contains beet pulp, a high pectin fibre source
- A highly fermentable fibre source providing needed calories for performance.
- Helps maintain a healthier hindgut pH and microbial population.
Contains Horse Plus™, Purina’s exclusive blend of 11 vitamins, consisting of a full complement of 8 B‑vitamins (including biotin), vitamin C, E and K
- Essential blood‑building nutrients.
- Supports immune function and overall health.
- Essential for proper utilization of energy for optimal performance.
- Helps protect against exercise induced stress.
- Helps enhance fertility and sperm quality.
Contains elevated and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle development and joint health.
Contains organic copper, zinc, manganese and also selenium
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bio‑availability for heightened performance and immunity.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
Contains prebiotics and probiotics
- Helps promote good gut bacteria and protect against harmful bacteria for improved gut health.
Contains an elevated level of Vitamin E (245 IU/kg) and selenium (0.4 ppm)
- Effective antioxidants. Helps repair the oxidative stress of exercise.
- Helps supports immune functions and overall health.
Omolene Sport Plus is recommended for equine athletes, racehorses, breeding stallions, early gestating mares and yearlings. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 225 grams of Purina Equilizer (35710). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Omolene Sport Plus
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|13 to 18 months||1.07||1.25|
|19 months and +||0.92||1.25|
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Optimal (35720) may be better suited as a supplement than Equilizer (35710).
- If your horse rapidly consumes this feed and/or if hydration status of your horse is questionable, we recommend adding water to this feed or using other measures to ensure an appropriate rate of intake.
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||8450 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1500 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||245 I.U./kg|
|Fibre||Beet Pulp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, Soya Bean Meal, L-Lysine|
|Starch||Ground Corn, Flaked Barley, Whole Grain Oats|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Probiotic||Mixture of Live Bacteria|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts, Athlete**|
|Flavour/ Binder||Molasses, Pellet Binding Agent|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.
**Athlete™, refers to the extruded component in this product which differs from the Purina Pur-Athlete extruded supplement. Athlete is not available for sale. An ingredient list for Athlete is available upon request.