Tradition#35410 / Quality
Veloci‑T Tradition is a sweet feed (textured) for racehorses. Veloci‑T Tradition utilizes traditional grains for maximum palatability. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free equine facility.
Contains 6% vegetable oil
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains balanced and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle, hoof and joint health.
Contains an elevated sodium chloride content
- A salt/electrolyte that helps maintain proper hydration.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation resulting in increased energy and protein utilization.
Canadian manufactured in a 100% drug free facility
- No possibility of a detrimental drug contamination or a race positive.
- Made locally for ultimate freshness.
Veloci‑T Tradition is recommended for racehorses. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 200 grams of Purina Optimal (35720). Provide free‑choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings daily.
Daily amount of Veloci‑T Tradition
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Equilizer (35710) may be better suited as a supplement than Optimal (35720).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||6500 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1200 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||220 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||Soya Bean Meal, DL-Methionine|
|Starch||Whole Grain Oats, Flaked Barley, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Selenium, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
|Flavour/ Binder||Molasses, Pellet Binding Agent|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.